This cake is sooo good. My mother-in-law has made it before and then when I saw it on the back of the cake mix box I thought I'd try it. It's really easy. What could be better than chocolate cake floating in sugar sauces topped with candy bars. It covers all the main food groups. Chocolate, chocolate, and sugar.
German chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines has this recipie on the back)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2- 1 cup caramel or butterscotch syrup/sauce
1 container Kool Whip
2-3 SKOR or Heath bars broken into little pieces
1. Bake the cake like it says on the box
2. When cake is still warm from oven prick it with a fork all over
3. (While warm) pour about half a can of sweetened condensed milk over the top and
let it settle into the holes.
4. Then pour caramel sauce over the top and let that settle in (it won't settle all
the way in)
5. Then refrigerate. When ready to serve frost with Kool Whip and top with crunched
up Heath Bars. I'm sure you could use whatever your favorite candy bar is. I
thought Reese's or Snickers would be tasty too.