Monday, November 12, 2007

Quick update on Davey

The kids love the beach. It is funny to watch them lay in the sand. Must feel nice.




Dave found a huge hermit crab. He was bigger than the kids hands.


Phoenix found a baby octopus. He said it was crying to find its mommy. Poppy wouldn't hold it.


Phoenix loves his mommy.


Dave is feeling better. His hand hurts but we think the danger of infection and more damage has passed. Now we just have to keep it clean and bandaged with cream. He went to work and they put him in "Central". He has no contact with the bad guys and the crazy stuff they come in with.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the joys of tide pools in mexico and what you find and laying in the wet sand. i would love to be young again. looks like you still had a good time. glad to hear that dave hand is getting better.

catherine said...

What an exciting trip to mexico. Glad to hear that the instruments were not bloody. Greg and I were talking about going down then realized we don't have our passports yet. hope everyone is doing good...and dave finally did get a nice warm shower.

The Snow Queen said...

NO, Catherine. I did what you do I didn't take a shower all weekend. Do you know what burnt hair/flesh smells like?

The Snow Queen said...

that last comment was from Dave to Catherine

Taylor Swim said...

I'm with Willow-- eeew on the octopus! The beach looks like a good time in the sun. Glad to hear you are back in the states.

Heather said...

Oh my, I just looked at the burn pictures and holy cow that looks painful. My son Drake got burned by my nieces straight iron and it looked like Daves. It was horrible, I complained alot but Drake seemed ok with it after he got a rockin bandage put on it! I hope all goes well with Dave. BTW we need to plan a night out or day out soon! How does your schedule look(besides busy with 3 kids and a bun in the oven)?

Shannon said...

I'm glad that they have a safe place for Dave to work while his hand heals. The picture of you and Phoenix is so cute. You look just like I remember you in Jr. High....well minus the belly of course.

Nick and Terryn said...

Oh, it is good to hear that Dave's hand is healing. I think that burns are so painful!! I'm sure Dave is milking his injury for all it's worth. I know Nick would. Oh, and about your pasture grass.. Yes, it is still looking like good old thick fescue. ha ha.