Saturday, May 31, 2008

One CRAZY MAMA

Okay so Shannon tagged me a long time ago to do this Quirks thing...I'm supposed to list some of my "quirks". I assume that most of you reading this blog know me quite well or at least well enough to wonder what we do everyday. So you already know I am... certifiable. So I have been thinking of some "quirks" that you may not know.

First the obvious, I have a hard time walking because my foot is constantly in my mouth. A while back I said, "I can't believe how old you are!", to a friend in my ward. What kind of idiot says that to any woman? Sheesh. And to make it even worse, she was bringing ME dinner after I had Lily! So if I have hurt your feelings really it was unintentional. Really.

Next I have almost a compulsion about my toenails. I can't stand to have them at all long. At all! I clip them as close to the quick as I can get them. All these cute ladies with long toenails done in a french manicure look so good, but I can't it gives me the willies to have any nail at all on my toes. Weird huh.

Third. I love little packets of condiments. Condiments are so cool. Have you ever really thought about how they get them into those little packages? Who decided that much ketchup was a serving? Why doesn't the mayonnaise need to be refrigerated? How do they make them so easy to open when regular packaging is so hard. I love condiments. I take them. Yep, you read that correctly, I steal condiments. Bizarre you say, well I don't care! (See how liberated I am!) I will no longer ask for extra condiments just so I can take them home in the closet any longer! I have a whole little area in the frige for them. I can produce a Taco Bell OR Del Taco hot sauce if you need. I keep Chick-fil-A honey mustard for rainy days, and I have enough ketchup that if we had an earth quake that could sustain us for a month! And I am proud of my condiment selection! Mustard, Mayo, BBQ, honey, butter, jelly, sugar, relish, you name it I've got it. I even found tartar sauces the other day. You never know when your going to need tartar sauce right?! I hate that you now have to ask for condiments in the drive through. Who doesn't eat ketchup with fries? Booh hiss on you Carl's Jr. and Wendy's!

So there's a few of my idiosyncrasies. There are many more and my husband can attest to that. He KNOWS I'm one CRAZY MAMA.

13 comments:

Erin said...

Melissa,

You make me smile! You are so stinkin' funny! I love it!

I wouldn't think of it as sticking your foot in your mouth, I just see it as candid, downright honesty. Growing up, I could always depend on you to tell it how it is... and I LOVE that about you!

Christina said...

Don't worry Melissa, Ben has the same wierd facination with condiments! During dinner tonight actually they came in handy. I ran our of soy sauce in the bottle and luckily Ben had some stored away in the fridge in our condiment section.

Margene said...

Could it be that you and Ben are just taking after your mom. I even have a few condiments stored in my fridge here in Chile. Let me tell you they are hard to come by in Chile.

Taylor Swim said...

I find the condiments thing rather funny. I'm sure you get it from you Mom. I was in awe of her selection the first time I visited the house. I found Tim trying to stash some when we first got married and because my weirdo quirk is to throw stuff out-- he never really stood a chance.

Taylor Swim said...

Oh, I almost forgot. I'm totally on board with the toenails thing. If I paint them a color I can't tell how long they are and it makes me relax for a while. I also enjoy "faking" a french manicure. I paint it onto my freakishly short nails and no one knows the difference.

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

Hey I'm with ya on the toenail thing. And I was just thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some of those condiments on hand for a rainy day. Come on...I know you gotta have somethin' crazier than that. I consider all those things normal. Like not being able to get in bed at night if the bed wasn't made a certain way and the pillows have to be fluffed just right, because then I can't sleep. Seriously ask Craig he will tell you I am CRAZY!

Shannon said...

That was fun. I too have a stash of condiments. But we never use them. Your fascination can’t be matched by us.

Sundbergs said...

You are so funny. I was laughing while reading your condiments section.

Lorena said...

Hey, I am going to start my OWN stash of condiments. :-) You are so cute!

Adam and Melisa said...

I too am repulsed by long toenails! I think I am just repulsed my bare feet in general...I think feet are disgusting! Great idea keeping condiments....I think I will start doing that! Ok..so one of my quirks...I rotate my dishes in the cupboard! ya...I know...crazy...but I put the clean ones on the bottom. See...I like to make sure that I use all my dishes the same amount of times so they get the same amount of wear! (something like that)

Anonymous said...

Melissa I found some Monstaza condiments yesterday. I saved them do you want me to bring them home to you. I have also gotten to love Mostaza. It is great on almost everything.

Tolley Family said...

I too always have my foot n my mouth. So I understand that! I love that you steal condiments! I collect them too! My favorites are Bakers hot sauce and Miguels! Did you get your pics today? I hope you don't mind but I posted a few on my photography site. :)

Heather Mower said...

Wow! It was so good to hear from you. Your family is beautiful! It is so fun to blog and hook up with old friends! Keep in touch!