Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Here is my side of the story to Melissa's post. I was living in San Diego working as a Machinist and ridding pedi-cabs on the weekend. I would hang out at the institute building taking some classes. I was dating, but felt more like I was just spending twice the amount of money doing things. One night at institute Sister Fronk told me about a young adults weekend. She said I better clear up my calender and don't plan anything. So I went and that's when I saw HER standing at the doors of the cultural hall. I asked my friend if he know who she was. I had my eyes on HER from that moment on. Waiting for the moment to ask a dumb question. Melissa was everything I had been looking for. She was funny, smart, and she never judged me. When I met Melissa I was driving a 62 Rambler.
1st I loved the car, I 'd had it since I was 16. It was my first car.
2nd we (me and my Rambler) did everything together, I once drove to North Carolina in it and only got a hotel once. That's a lot of nights I slept in the car.
3rd if a girl could not see past the piece of crap I drove, then they would never understand me. Melissa never once asked why I didn't have a nice car. I really think she liked the bench front seat.

I can't believe that its been 9 years. The Rambler got sold, lots has changed but one thing is the same.........Melissa I LOVE YOU!!!!!! Every year gets better and better. I am blessed to have found you.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

7 comments:

Adam and Melisa said...

Congrats Dave! You got a good one!
ps...we miss you guys!

Taylor Swim said...

You are smmmoooooth.... I'm bettin' you're gonna get lucky off of this post.... Nice work!

The Snow Queen said...

You're too cute! I love the post and I love you!!!! I bet Leca's right. See you tonight, after you catch a bunch of scumbags. Meliss

Sadie said...

Hey, of course I remeber you, I am still wishing you'd move back here. I can't get over how much your family has changed.. Congrats on the anniversary!

Margene said...

Dave is the perfect guy for you . I knew it the first time he came to our house to see you. His mother had sent him in her car and wouldn't let him take his ramber. He is the perfect father for my grandkids too. Thanks Dave for joining our family.

Erin said...

I love the 'he said, she said'...

Melissa, I wish we lived closer, I would love to get to know you as a married couple better!

Maybe some day! smile

Dannette & Mark said...

ahhhh! so sweet Dave! I remember Dave calling me in Montana telling me that he had met melissa and he knew she was the ONE! Congrats!