Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My old BYU roomies have been coming out of the woodwork! It sure is fun to reconnect. We all turned out the same. MOms. Funny ha ha. I have a Masters in Education, Cookie has a Masters in Physical Therapy, Carrie and I went on missions, Amy and I both did Study Abroad. All of us graduated. And all of us have 4 kids that consume most of our lives! When I check out their blogs (except you, Cookie, who still lives in the stone age...) our lives are filled with raising our families. The bikini parties, flag stealing, spying, skinny dipping, hookie bobbin', didn't make us rotten moms it gave us something to look forward to. When I retire and my little ones leave the nest...
I'm gonna have a hobby.
I'm gonna have wild Rootbeer keggers.
I'm gonna rock out to AC^DC on an air guitar until I'm red in the face and pass out.
I'm gonna sleep all night long.
I'm gonna remember what it's like to listen at church.
I'm gonna go to the bathroom ALL BY MYSELF.
I'm gonna have hot dates with my man, and not go home to feed the baby or clean up barf.
I'm gonna go on cruises
I'm gonna take some classes, just for fun.

But for now we are all in this together, and I'm glad youre my villiage. (you know "it takes a villiage to raise a child...)

9 comments:

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

Hey those are some good goals. I could add a few myself...like eat a meal that is warm (because I just finished cooking it, not because I had to reheat it in the microwave). Oh, and how about shopping WITH OUT any meltdowns. Isn't life grand???
Hey thanks again for watching my kids today. I owe you BIG time!

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

I had fruit loops for dinner! Lynnley is doing them for $5, I think. $20 for your whole page. I need to have the colors redone and change out the picture to one of my new ones.

emlizalmo said...

Mmmm....AC/DC and an empty bathroom. Serious heaven. :)

Taylor Swim said...

good goals-- I'm all in. Could you add eating a treat without sharing...

The Snow Queen said...

oH YEAH i FORGOT THAT ONE! eAT WHATEVER i WANT WITHOUT HAVING TO SHARE THE WHOLE THING OR ANSWER WHY i GET THAT INSTEAD OF WHAT THE KIDS ARE EATING!

Shannon said...

I don't have your email address, but I just mailed you a christmas card with my return address. Hope you are having fun getting ready for christmas.

Shannon said...

So have you already moved?

williamsfam5 said...

I only have 3 kids, and I never paid rent as your roommate when I slept on your couch the month before I got married, but can I still be in your village?

Pincocks said...

Hey, I haven't seen or talked to you in years. It has been fun since Kara made our blog and got on Facebook to be in some contact with old friends. Your family looks great and you look very happy. Hope to hear from you.