Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Hostess with the MOstess


Your guess is as good as mine about how Tim caught this one...

This is definitely the Hostess with the Mostess. This is my sister-in-law, Leca, she's amazing. She took the bull by the horns and decided that it was high time we all got together and saw each other. She called and finagled and made lofty promises and pretty much orchestrated a Family Reunion. We all converged on her house in the middle of July and I was amazed at what I found. NOt only was the house immaculate but it was turned into TAYLOR MANOR. A room for each of us with comfy accommodations and all the clean linens you could ask for. My room was equipped with all the necessary amenities. Portacrib, pillows, sleeping bags, color coded towells,extra blankets, shampoo, and even little unopened soaps so that I didn't disgust anyone when I left a long black hair stuck to it! Dave swears he had mints under his pillow.... but I couldn't find mine, he must have eaten mine too.

But wait! The accolades didn't even make it to the Hostess with the MOstess... my husband, who was all in favor of staying at a hotel, commented many times on how nice it was. How nice it was for the Airport Shuttle (Tim's mini-van) to haul us all back and forth. How nice it was to have a car waiting for us at the rental place (Tim's garage). How nice it was to have a water park at the hotel for the kids to play at (Tim's backyard). How nice it was to have meals planned and prepared for us (Tim's Kitchen).

Then a few days after we arrived safely back home, my husband, paid the ULTIMATE COMPLIMENT to The HOstess with the Mostess... he said to me, "Can you just set up the house, just like Aleca did when my family comes?" Let me tell you she really is the Hostess with the Mostess. So from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU. The family reunion was wonderful because of you!

PS if you want to see pictures of the reunion check out Leca's blog (which never gets neglected).

5 comments:

Sundbergs said...

Sounds awesome. I love when the whole family gets together. Looks like Alecca went all out.

Margene said...

That is right Aleca was a wonderful host. We had a wonderful time. They do have a water park in their backyard. Everything was wonderful. We all enjoyed it. Thanks to the Wisconsin Taylors

Julie said...

Sounds like a fabulous time. I saw the pictures on Aleca's blog, but she didn't toot her own horn about the individual soaps, matching towels, etc. She gives us all a glimpse of what we wish we could be, but never really will. Like at Valentine's day, when I bought pencils for Kason's 17 preschoolers, and then her blog had 100 homemade Valentines! Anyway, I'm glad you got to make such a fun trip.

Taylor Swim said...

Oh my goodness! That was the most amazing blog ever. (sniff sniff) That made all of it totally worth it. You guys were a great group to have. I'd do it again in a heart beat!

Adam and Melisa said...

Now I know what we have to look forward to when we come visit you guys!!! Yay!!!