Thursday, August 27, 2009

Work Schmurk


I don't know why I didn't remember, but work, is really a lot of work. It takes so much time and effort, and the kids are so , so, so teenager-ish. They mope in with their floppy arms and feet acting as if the class, no matter how entertaining, will never meet their expectations. So I do the painstaking song and dance that I have carefully choreographed and they stare. They stare with eyes that would scare the most gruesome creature. They stare with sightless eyes. No wonder Twilight is so popular... Stephanie Meyer must have known they would identify with monsters. Let me correct that...Vampires and Werewolves. Anyway I made it through my first week. The monsters didn't eat me.

6 comments:

Adam and Melisa said...

Glad you survived...I don't know how you do it!

Margene said...

five days over and just 175 days to go

Taylor Swim said...

Wow! That doesn't sound too fun. As long as you aren't actually singing and dancing they will end up loving you.

Violet said...

wow I never thought of it that way. You are so right, highschoolers really are like that. I don't know how you do it!

Like your mom said 175 to go. the count down is on!

Brenda said...

You'll be great! Although I can totally relate to the "song and dance" routine - just keep dancing!

Julie said...

They'll end up LOVING you because you're so stinking funny. Every time we talk (which isn't near often enough), I giggle the whole time cuz you're so funny.

When's your spring break? Let's go to Mexico!