Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Backyard Baptism






I shared this story in Relief Society on Sunday. I am a spiritual giant. The lesson was on supporting the Priesthood, it was the priesthood's birthday:

Phoenix came to the backdoor asking for a white t-shirt. "Mom, can I have the big white t-shirt that Willow sleeps in?" I say, "no, you're swimming right now." "Mom, I need it for in the pool." "No, Phoenix I don't want a bunch of laundry to add to the mess I already have to clean up in the back yard." "Okay." Then Phoenix asked the same question 30 more times until I yell, "DO NOT ASK ME FOR ANYTHING." I am sitting near where they are swimming but not watching very closely. All of a sudden I realize Poppy is drowning and Phoenix is holding her under. I jump up to reuscutate her. When I have surmised that she is well and breathing again, I yell at Phoenix. "WHAT THE CRAP ARE YOU DOING? TRYING TO KILL HER?" He looks at me and says in the most innocent voice you have ever heard, " I was baptizing her, she was really sin-y." Ahh the priesthood is alive and well in the Snow household.

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Hahahahahaha - kids!

Margene said...

That reminds me of the day they were playing: "Follow the Phophet" singing as they followed Willow around the yard. They get more at church than we really think they do. So Poppy was really siny, and you would even let him use a white shirt to baptize her.

williamsfam5 said...

Is it dumb that while entertained by your story, I also thought, "LUCKY! She has a pool."

Taylor Swim said...

Blah ha ha ha! That is priceless!

Robertsons said...

I have tears...thanks for the great laugh! Miss you!

Adam and Melisa said...

What a great idea! Why not have your kids' baptisms in the backyard?! I'll send my boys down when they're 8!

Julie said...

Love this story. Tige & I laughed and laughed. Hilarious stuff!

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up, but watch for birds next time. I think so many of us are worried about the same things. I hope the best will come tho you and your family.