Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Garth Brooks




Garth Brooks came to California to do some charity concerts in LA for the fire victims this year. Dave is a huge Garth Brooks fan and for his birthday and Christmas I bought him tickets to go see. Then about a week before the concert I was put on bedrest. We debated about whether I should go or not and finally we came to the conclusion that if I sat in my seat and didn't spend the whole concert on my feet, then I could go. Dave drove up and dropped me off at the door and parked. Garth played Friday and Saturday. He played 2 shows on Friday and 3 shows on Saturday. The concert sold out fast so I bought our tickets on ebay. It was so fun, until the fat lady in front of us sat on my feet and nearly crushed them. But that's a different blog for a different day. Garth played for nearly 2 1/2 hours and he played all songs that were popular and we knew it was great! I was shocked at how good he sounds live, and how fun the show was, even from my seat. These photos don't really show how great our seats really were. Trisha Yerwood, and Huey Lewis also came out and did duets with Garth. It was sooo cool.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Your the true PARTY GIRL going to a concert in the last stages of pregnancy! I tip my hat to you! Glad you had fun, I've been jonesing for a concert lately and have been keeping my eyes and ears open for the oportunity. Let me know if you hear of anyone in concert.

Anonymous said...

i am glad you went. and didn{t have my grandbaby there. That would of been exciting to tell the world I was born at Garth Brooks concert. mom

Shannon said...

Fun gift idea. I'm glad you got to go. Look at your little cowboy of a husband!

Heather- I heard REO Speed Wagon was coming to town. Is that what you had in mind? (smile)

I have a name idea from the post below. I too think Cricket is adorable. I also like Meadow and Sage for girls. It's the boys that are hard for me. I'll keep thinking.

Heather said...

I love Sage, what a beautiful name.

The Snow Queen said...

I like Cricket too. It seems so earthy. Cricket Catherine Snow. That would make my sister happy. My mom thought it would be cute as a boys name, but I think it's too fememnine. Also, I have heard it before as a girls name. The boys are what's hard for me too. The trouble is... we really don't have a boys name. I'm starting to get worried I'm going to have to let Dave name it at the hospital. Scary!

Taylor Swim said...

Davey is a country boy? Who knew? It sounds like you two belong here in the midwest! He could wear his cowboy hat on patrols around these parts. Glad you could get out of the house a little bit too. I'm sure it was a much needed excursion.

Adam and Melisa said...

Well...not exactly what I thought bed rest was all about! Hey...too bad you didn't have the baby at the concert...then you could name him Brooks...hey ya...how about Brooks?!:)