Friday, March 14, 2008

BABY WISE OR SLEEP DEPRIVED?

Okay so I think that sleep is the most important thing to feeling good. One of Dave's buddies at work told him that they followed the guidance in this book and their newborn slept through the night (8 hours) at 7 or 8 weeks old. I thought well that's the baby right? Then, Poppy's dance teacher saw me with the book and said that she had followed it with all three of her kids and had the same result a baby sleeping through the night at 8 weeks. Next another mom at a Primary Activity told me virtually the same thing, only she talked about the book like it was the lost manuscript of the Book of Mormon. It was actually comical because she talked about the book almost reverently. So here I go on the Babywise technique. I keep you POSTED on how it goes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it works. What a cute picture of her and Phoenix on Mimi new blog. Keep me posted if it works.

Anonymous said...

I hope it works. What a cute picture of her and Phoenix on Mimi new blog. Keep me posted if it works.

Anonymous said...

My sister baby wised her twins and they slept thru the night at 12 weeks. I used baby wise with Scarlett and at 12 to 14 weeks she would sleep 7 to 8 hours straight. I still had a feeding in the middle of the night around 4 or 5 but I didn't care. I was a milk machine for the other two and was on call many times a night so this was a welcome change.

I liked knowing that she was on a schedule for feedings, I knew when she was hungry or if she just was tired. I learned not to nurse her to sleep! Good luck!

Shannon said...

I'm a beliver too. Corbin (a premie) started sleeping 12 hours straight at 12 weeks (I started a little late with him, heather told me about it when he was about 4 weeks old.) Cooper was text book the weekend before he turned 8 weeks old he was sleeping 8 hrs straight.

Good luck, I hope it works for Lily too. Sleep is heavenly and to think that the sleepless nights will only be a couple months is the light at the end of the tunnel for me.

Jellybean babies said...

Hey Dave and Melissa, congratulations on the new baby. Reilly and I are going to have to check out that book. Guess what? We're expecting too. By the way Dave, I saw a picture of you on your parents blog, nice mustache....does Melissa know you're GAY!

Melenie said...

thanks for the tip, a girl in my ward actually just lent me her copy, I'll have to try it out too.

Ron and Cammy said...

Ya Coutney was fine with it! :-) she goes to dances with other guys too! We are not too exclusive! But I am asking her to Prom! I am super excited!
Tanner Snow

Rebecca said...

This IS a fabulous book and system. I swear by it as my first two were 7 weeks to sleeping through the night. My 3rd wasn't so fabulous mostly because I kept breaking the rules but he always went at least 5 hours. It really works!!!