Friday, March 28, 2008

The "Softer" side of Dave


My very own Magnum PI. Now if only I could get him to wear those shorts!




My toe nails after our pedicures. Cute!







Dave getting his first pedicure. Go you macho man!





Dave reading Lily the Sig Sauer catalog at bedtime. Ahhh, the joy of reading to your child.




Dave wears flip flops into work and heavy army style black boots while at work and his feet take a beating. They have thick calouses and cracks. I would like to help him... but I just... ewwww. So I suggested that he go have a pedicure. He was sceptical at first, but after some reassuring he went. I told him that lots of other men have manicures and pedicures. I explained that the little Vietnamese ladies would rub his feet and calfs. Finally I (being a generous soul) offered to go with him so he didn't feel so out of place. It was heavenly.

10 comments:

Adam and Melisa said...

Did Dave do the french manicure as well?!:)

Micah and Tanya said...

I had to do the same thing for Micah . . .

Margene said...

Your toes look so great I love thoses flowers. The joys of reading to little ones they don't care what you read to them.

Lorena said...

I know it was probably hard to make yourself go with Dave and get a pedicure! Sometimes you do have to sacrifice for your man!:-)
The picture with Dave & Lily reading is so cute.

Heather said...

Way to go! If only I could get Steve to do the same. He always rubs my feet then every once in a while he asks why I don't return the favor......."DUH my feet are nice and yours are....very sad". Maybe if he pampered his feet every once in a while I would be more willing to rub them!

Taylor Swim said...

Way to sacrifice for the team Lissy! I make Tim go with me periodically because I want to help him-- but, you're right, eew! I vote-- down with the stasher! Magnum P.I. was the only man who is able to pull off a stash and still look sexy!

Lynell said...

What fun! I am going to have to do that with my hubby. He LOVES having his feet rubbed. Why not call in the professionals. You are a genious!!!

Shannon said...

What a fun date. Getting a peddie is so relaxing.

Dan and Kathi, or Mimi and Papa said...

That's My Davey! Just sit there and let someone pamper him.

Mike and Kim said...

Dave, what happened to the middle of your mustache? Do you need a little fertilizer? Mike has a mountain of it.