Saturday, June 21, 2008

Melinda Mea

I loved to memorize Shel Silverstein poems when I was a kid and this project reminds me of little Melinda Mea who ate the monstrous whale. Some days I don't even know if I am going to finish but I do little things and I keep plugging along. If you don't know the story Melinda took little bites and chewed very slow and in 89 years she ate the monsterous whale because she said she would.. I hope that it dosen't take me 89 years to finish. Every day I do something little.

As you can see things are changing







For those of you who don't know the poem.
"Melinda Mae"
Have you heard of tiny Melinda Mae,Who ate a monstrous whale?She thought she could,She said she would,So she started in right at the tail.
And everyone said,"You're much too small,"But that didn't bother Melinda at all,She took little bites and she chewed very slow,Just like a little girl should...
...and in eighty-nine years, she ate that whaleBecause she said she would!!!




7 comments:

Margene said...

It is changing. 89 years is a long time for Dave to finish something. Dave works faster than that. I can't wait to see it. I bet some on the neighbors just shook their heads when they saw what Dave did. But others knew he would have a beautiful finished product.

Taylor Swim said...

You guys are clippin' right along. I love the smell of fresh drywall! It's so exciting. It looks great so far. (by the way, that poem is gross because the meat would be rotten in like a week.... eeeeew)

Dannette & Mark said...

WOW! ALL or nothing huh? I wish I could get Mark to remodel like Dave does...we just spruce it up BUT not you guys...it's like a brand new home inside. Can't wait to see it. Do you guys have a spare bedroom for visitors? LOOKS GREAT!

The Snow Queen said...

No spare rooms. Lily will have a bed big enough for a couple to sleep in when she graduates from her crib. But for now it looks like you'll have to rough-it on the "bouncy beds" at your moms house
:0). Greg and Catherine have made it very clear that a full won't cut it so it will be a queen.

Lorena said...

Wow, It's looking like a brand new home. What a change!

Erin said...

Holy Cow!! What a project! It is lookin' GOOD! What a blessing for you guys to have the know-how to do it yourself! Very cool!!

I love that poem! What a perfect comparison!

Nicole said...

I can't wait for the swimming/housewarming party. Let's plan it now...what can I bring!:) I'm excited to see the new house, but I don't know if I am willing to let you move. I may just have to come see you alot and then your husband will have to rethink that move. OH, NO...not all THOSE kids again!!!!