Sunday, August 10, 2008

Grandma turns 85

The family didn't come through for Grandma so she took matters into her own hands. What kind of grandkids don't throw a big bash for their Grandma's 85th birthday? What a bunch of slackers we are. Grandma decided that she couldn't wait for us so she called about 200 of her closest friends and relatives and had her own PAR-TAY. Tim, Sue, Laurie, and Terry came down for it and the kids and I showed up. She was the belle of the ball. We were all there to pay homage to the elder! Here's some shots of the lady of the hour.




7 comments:

Sundbergs said...

What a fun bash to get everyone together. What a beautiful grandmother you have.

Melenie said...

Ah, I love Grandma Taylor! I'm sad we missed the party, she made sure to call Jeff the next day since we didn't call her on her big day.
ha ha.

Taylor Swim said...

What?... I'm going to have to get a little more detail on this one in person. How about Wednesday?

Julie said...

I'm glad you went to the party. I think it was kind of my mom's idea, but sounds like grandma sure knows how to pull off a guest list. She's sure spunky for an 85 year old!

The Snow Queen said...

Your mom did a great job. Grandma loved being the center of attention. She (literally) stood in the front center of the Club House and we all adored her. It was clasic. Aunt Sue and Uncle Tim even stayed at Grandma's. I don't know where they slept maybe on the balcony since the china seems to overtake the place! I called her after the earthquake and couldn't believe she only lost a couple things!

Julie said...

They actually brought their own aerobed and set it up in her living room. Can you believe that? I can't believe they found room admist the crystal and furniture.

Shannon said...

What a cute little granny. She knows how to take things into her own hands. If you want to get things done right...