Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Babies R Us

This is the amazing Mrs. Hyatt, Mr Hyatt is in the picture too but don't mind him he's being replaced. Pete is there too but he's only there for decoration. I snaked this photo from their blog. I'm sure they will thank me later (in cash).
Phoenix is my only boy. Sometimes I wonder how it is that he can be surrounded by so much "girlie" and still be different. He says funny things often. Now he says them to other people too. His current fixation is on farting. He wants to know how to make them smell. That is so cool. He idolizes his dad who can clear a room.


The other day he and Poppy are playing. She is saying that she is going to have a baby. She even has the tell-tale bump under her shirt. She says to him you can't have a baby. He is distraught and hits her a few times. She is smug and says that he still can't have a baby. We have been over a very limited birds and bees with our two 4 year olds it goes something like this.... YOU.BOY.PENIS.....HER.GIRL.VAGINA....boy no baby.....girl baby. I know, so eloquent. I truly should have been a therapist. Just email me and I'll come talk toyour children for a minimal fee. So he is clear on which anatomy it takes to have a baby. I didn't let him watch that OPrah with the wierdo she-man who had the baby, I'm still a little confused over that one. So he is stumped, and he has to figure out a way to have a baby, fast. Then I see the light bulb go off in his puny little buzzed head. He questions Poppy on the daddy, Poppy has plenty of baby daddies this time it was Luke (heads up Team Fackrell). So he announces that he is going to marry Ms Hyatt. Then he will have a baby. And his baby will be bigger than your baby. His baby Laney will be able to tell Poppy's baby what to do.


He misses Mrs. Hyatt and her big baby.
Bet you thought I was going to announce that I was pregnant. Sneaky aren't I?

10 comments:

Heather said...

You can come give the "Talk" at my house anytime! Madison still has not asked about it....I think I will have to do it soon or she is going to get wrong info!

Drake also is very interested in bodily noises, all of the time! Our boys have so much in common!

emlizalmo said...

Hilarious! And really...is it fair that his sister can have one and he can't? At this stage in my pregnancy, I would be totally cool with Dave being the pregnant one. :)

Erin said...

What is it with boys and farts?? I just asked Patrick which foods produce the worst smelling farts and without skipping a beat he announced, "cabbage". Just thought I'd pass that on for your little guy. Too funny!

Adam and Melisa said...

Boys, Boys, Boys. Right now Logan is just obsessed with touching my boobes! Should I be worried?!

williamsfam5 said...

I should tell you about the time my 5 year old was questioning about the birds and the bees, and the conversation ended with him in tears wailing, "I want to have babies, but I don't want to put my penis in a vagina!"

classic...

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

I'm glad you are back to blogging...I look forward to your enries. They always make me smile:)

The Snow Queen said...

emily I think I am on my way to the whole talk... my kids just don't seem satisfied with parts of the big picture or just brief techical anwers... Penis and va-jay jay here I come!

smiths5 said...

So funny! I miss you and your irreverent comments!

Christina said...

I miss Phoenix too. Every day at pre-school it just feels like someone is missing! There are days too---when I would just be willing to let him have Laney! And she probably would beat up Poppy's baby. Tell her congratulations for us!

Shannon said...

Man the talks that I have to look forward too. Not being prego myself I think will slow the topic down, but I know it will come up sooner or later. Maybe I will give you a call.