Friday, February 6, 2009

Okay, so I know where the camera downloader cables are now, but the big computer still doesn't have the Internet (thanks big V for all the super fast service... its only been a month since we moved in!). Hence, NO pictures. I'll describe what I look like just in case you forgot.
  • I weigh 122.5 lbs
  • my hair is lustrous and thick and down to my waist
  • I have unnaturally long legs (like Julia Roberts in Pretty woman)
  • my skin is radiant and clear
  • my fingers and toes are well manicured with little diamonds stuck on them
  • I always have my hair and makeup done, no matter what, rain or shine
  • AND I NEVER WEAR SWEATS ALL DAY LONG

Tomorrow I am going to have lunch with some of the ladies in my old 'hood. I miss them all terribly. I am so excited to see them.

Then when we get home we are all going to ride our bikes to the new Rite Aid that just opened near our house and visit the ice cream counter. The kids have already picked out what flavor they will get. They had to keep their rooms clean for a whole week to qualify for the ice cream. Since I put all their toys in bins in the garage in a HEATED moment it wasn't hard to keep the rooms clean. I will have mint and chip. Thrifty mint and chip is undeniably the best in the whole wide world. Dave will make the standard gagging noise and I will smile knowing all the while I will get to eat the whole thing myself without sharing any of it. Sounds like a wonderful day.

14 comments:

smiths5 said...

I'm praying for continuous rain so I can come tomorrow (Austin has baseball practice 11-1pm and Scott's the asst. coach so it would be me & the girls). If I don't get to see you, hope you have a great day and order a scoop of Mint Chip for me too. I agree...it's the best hands down!

Lorena said...

Ditto Nicole! Iam hoping Derek's Rugby game gets canceled so Dave can take Cass to a b-day party and I get to go and see you and have lunch with everyone! But if I can't make it.... Iam still looking forward in getting invited to your new "Home" in Hemet! :-)

Melenie said...

ha ha! I was about to get jealous of your weight. I'm sure you aren't much more than 122.

Mint chip is the best! Nothing compares to mint and chocolate combos. My other fav. is mint oreo.

Melenie said...

Oh yeah, my dad worked for UDOT and ALWAYS put my toys in one of those huge orange bags that you see on the side of the road, and would keep it in the garage. I wasn't (and still am not) good at keeping my room clean.

Julie said...

Sounds yummy--enjoy the ice cream. Wish my kids could keep their rooms clean. Heck, forget the kids, wish my husband could keep his room clean! ;)

Brenda said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha -thanks for the laugh this morning! Love the "Heated Moment" comment - ha ha ha ha ha.

The Snow Queen said...

Brenda, I'm trying to be more possitive and saying I had a complete meltdown is so well accurate so I watered it down for those who don't know me all that well.

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

Oh darn, no camera today. What was I thinking???? Oh, well we all know that I am just a LITTLE scatterbrained. Thanks for giving us a reason to have a fun afternoon. Now when are you gonna just come and sit on my couch and visit while the kids run a muck???? That's it isn't it. Our first meeting was my house and you just came in and we talked for like ever??? Don't worry I will come and use your couch too!

Heather said...

There have been quite a few "heated moments" at our house this week, I should have gotten rid of all of the toys too!

MMMMMM mint and chip! We need to get together!

Taylor Swim said...

I have no rite aid so I settle for Ben and Jerry. If you ride your bike to the store to get it-- I'm sure it cancels each other out. Even if you are riding and stopping and riding and stopping at a whopping negative 5 mph. I only know this because that's how my kids ride their bikes. Just when you get a good pace going they stop directly in front of you causing you to almost fall of your bike trying to avoid hitting them. Ahhh, you can't beat quality bike time.

The Snow Queen said...

Aleca i see we ride the same bike ride and yes the excersize it takes to get there definately cancels out all calories and fat.

Adam and Melisa said...

Adam is a huge fan of mint chip, but I can't stand the stuff. Glad to see we're not the only ones who take toys away....our closet is getting full to the brim!!:)

emlizalmo said...

Melissa...you sound even more beautiful than I remember! :) Have fun on the ice-cream outing! You're a cool mom...even if you DO wear sweats all day (just like your old friend Amy who is still in them at 11 am and has NO plans of changing any time soon).

Emily said...

Melissa, we are so alike. You sound just like me except that my hair is naturally blonde with highlights. I'm so glad you take the time to make yourself up everyday. I do too. Moms in sweats all day are just so sad.