Friday, May 8, 2009

The Fruits of my Labor




I was rushing around the other day getting all the little things in the house picked up when I realized it was quiet... too quiet. Then I went in search for the 4 most precious things I hold. I finally found them inthe front yard of all places. They decided to have a pic nic. They dragged out their folding chairs and their lunches and set up camp. I stood at the doorway letting the flies in for a long time. People slowed as they drove by to see what the pow -wow was. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. I DID THAT. I MADE THEM. THEY ARE MINE. That is only partly true. Dave helped.


As Mothers Day rolls around I am reminded of all the hours I spent bringing those little ones into the world and all the hours after making sure they know who they left to come here to me. I spend all day trying to teach them about the parents who they left in Heaven and the Older Brother who awaits their return. I am thankful for the time I have with each of them.

8 comments:

Melenie said...

Awwww. I would've watched for along time too, that is so sweet.

Taylor Swim said...

Oh, how cute. I was looking for a laugh and instead I ended up all teary. You sure summed up the mommy stuff well. Happy Mother's day!

williamsfam5 said...

that was the sweetest post!

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

Too cute. I just love those moments.

Heather said...

What sweet beautiful children you have, they are lucky to have you as a mother!

Emily said...

I had one of those moments the other day at the dentist. My girls were so well behaved, I was showered with compliments. It almost makes up for the times when all you get is dirty looks for out of control kids at the store or church. Not that you ever get those looks, I'm sure it's just me. Your kids are adorable. I love this post Melissa.

Christina said...

ADORABLE. Even Lily got to participate!

Dan and Kathi, or Mimi and Papa said...

Yes, they are perfect in every way and anyone who know's them must surely love them and you. oh yea and Dave.