Saturday, May 30, 2009

What the CRAP?


You heard it. What the CRAP...? I'm yelling or at least I would be if I could get that much sound out of my mouth right now. I have not been feeling good. I know that seems like a euphamism for her "cheese done slid off her cracker" nowadays. I thought so too. I thought I must be depressed because I haven't enjoyed being back in Hemet all that much. Then it started. I was always tired. Dog tired. Do dogs get tired that's a wierd saying. Anyway I whined to my beloved that I was tired. He came home with a coke for me. I thought well maybe I should see that Dr. who helped me be human again after Lily came. The one that seemed way too relaxed. Working shouldn't make me this tired I kept thinking. Then I got a fever and I thought oh good now I have the flu and it will be done and over in a few days. A week later I still had a fever. Then my lymph nodes all over swelled right up. So I must be infected. So my beloved sent me to Urgent Care they said, ummm Hmmm ophhh uhhhuhh and then they gave me a prescription for antibiotics. After a week on the antibiotics my tonsils swelled up too. Now I can't swallow the horse antibiotics they gave me. Back to the doctors my beloved sends me. This time they suck my blood (not in the oh baby edward way either). I urinated in a cup. And they swabbed my decks again.


I got an email saying that I was positive for mono. Yeah that 16 year old kissing disease. I have it as a 35 year old mom. Cool. I guess I'm what you'd call a late bloomer. This is a picture I got off the internet. But I swear that this is exactly what my tonsils look like. Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of your tonsils? WHat the crap!

17 comments:

Margene said...

At least we know what is wrong now. Mono how much fun.

catherine said...

so the trip i was planning to coe down and visit looks like it might be cancelled...does dave have it? IF NOT WHO HAVE YOU BEEN KISSING?

Shannon said...

You poor thing. The last thing a mom needs is to be tired from actual medical reasons. Doesn't mono take a while to recover from? Take it easy.

Melenie said...

Oh dear. I wish my excuse for being really tired was Mono, unfortunately mine is from being lazy. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Melenie said...

Oh, that wasn't my way of saying that you're lazy too. :)

Brenda said...

ewww - gross pic! Sorry you're under the weather -get better.

Micah and Tanya said...

Oh Melissa!!!Hope you get better soon! Tanya

Julie said...

From the picture, I was waiting for you to say you had a bad case of strep throat. I'm so sorry you've felt crappy. Now that they know what's wrong, hopefully you'll feel better soon! Sick mommy + 4 kids = not fun.

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

SOOO...who HAVE you been kissing???? Okay, here is the deal. Can I come take a few kids for a few days? You can sleep for awhile. Maybe after Dave goes back to work this week...or while he is at work? Oh forget it. I'm just going to call you when I am done with my meeting tomorrow morning.

Dannette & Mark said...

Oh my...yeah I thought it was just a 16 year old kissing disease. What do they do for you?

Sundbergs said...

You poor things I hear that is that mono is the worst. I hope taht know one else gets it. I hear it takes a few weeks or so to get over. Hang in there

Erin said...

Oh my, I am so sorry! That stinks!! Was that kissing worth is 16 years ago?? smile

It was so good to see you the other day! Your kids are adorable! Thank you for taking the time to meet for lunch! It was a blast! You're awesome!

Heather said...

You have a way of making Mono funny! I hope you get better soon!

williamsfam5 said...

You never have been one to act your age. I'm sure people tell you all the time they don't believe you are in your 30s. Now you have further proof that your "really" still in your teen years. I'm hope you get better soon and don't have to miss prom or anything.

Anonymous said...

hope you feel better! throat stuff is the worst!

Lorena said...

Ouch.....I hope....hope you get better soon!

Adam and Melisa said...

Well...at least they were able to figure out what was going on! And...and least it's not Leukemia or something. When people start talking about white blood cells that's always what I think of. Just tell Dave to keep the cokes coming...what do they do for mono anyway?!