Friday, November 13, 2009

Ceviche


I stole that picture off the internet. http://chicagoist.com

But this is my recipie, so I'm not totally lame.

Marinade in a glass bowl overnight:

raw fish and/or shrimp chopped finely (about a handful and a half)
lime juice
lemon juice
orange juice
dash of ground oregano
finely chopped red onion

Then when you are ready to eat/serve drain off the citrus juices (save a little in case you want it saucy) and add:

1-2 chopped roma tomatoes
cilantro chopped
1 squeeze ketchup
El tapatio sauce to taste

I usually eat it with chips like a salsa. You might want to salt and pepper it also. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Taylor Swim said...

Yum! That looks so good! I still need to steal Catherine's recipe for Corn Salsa. Then I'll have to have a night of all that gooooood stuff together! Yummm!

Julie said...

I remember when I was a teenager and we went to Mexico with your family and I tried ceviche for the first time. So good! You and I kept ordering it. I thought you were the coolest! Thanks for the recipe.

The Snow Queen said...

Now you know better eh Julie?

Shannon said...

That does look yummy.

Emily said...

Mmmm! Thanks Melissa!

utahmominmexico said...

Yay! I've looked up the recipe on the internet a few times, but it's hard to trust a random blogger. Now I can try it with confidence!