Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fasting for a Friend

I had a dear friend lose his wife.  She was in a fatal car accident in Utah.  I fasted today for her family- her sweet husband and 4 boys.  I asked my children if they would like to fast with me...
These were my responses:

"But mom I'll be HUNGRY all during church!"


"What are you making for lunch.  If it's something gross then I'm not doing it."


"No I don't think I'll do that."


"I'm not going to fast.  But if YOU die then I'll fast."

Apparently we need a Family Home Evening Lesson on Fasting and Prayer.  Anyways I hope my friend Nate is buoyed up by some of the other people fasting for him and his family.  I'm pretty sure the prayers from my family were all about being tortured by their mother.  If any good came from fasting today it was that most of my kids didn't have breakfast spilled all over their church clothes today.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That's so hard. Your kids are so cute and have completely normal responses for fasting. You are a good mommy!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to
see if it can survive a 30 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.

My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!


Feel free to surf to my web-site: acoustic guitar chords for beginners