Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm Hiding

I am sitting in the computer room of my parents house hoping beyond all hope that the four screaming mimi's won't figure out that I have left the living room where The Jungle Book is entertaining. I know this makes me sound like less of a super mom, but it is the ugly truth. Yesterday I went to the bathroom, by myself, AND I locked the door. I know this doesn't sound like it should traumatize anyone, but by the time I was finished (I took a magazine :0) two of the children were writing notes and putting them under the door. The first note said, "Phoenix spit on me." The next one just said PoPpY. I assume it meant to say, "me, too!". Then I see little fingers coming under the door. I can hear their little voices at the bottom of the door where the crack is asking if I'm ever coming out. I think to myself, now I understand the lady that stayed in the bathroom for two years. Although I doubt that I would let my bum grow onto the toilet seat.

I know, I know, Someday I'll miss this. REALLY? I'm going to miss this? Come on! Who made up that stupid phrase anyway? Someone who was 80 and had alzheimers? I suppose I should enjoy that my children want to talk to me and I should hope that continues into the dreaded teenage years, but right about now I am looking forward to a sullen 15 year old that doesn't want to talk to me when I am taking care of buisiness.

My friend Craig and his wife have a theory that when you put parents of young children together invariably the conversation will degenerate to poop and I have proven him right once again. At one point I had a brain that functioned, I swear, I did.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

No you won´t missing going to the toliet just to hid. But you will miss all the fun times you had with your children. I don´t miss you standing outside the toliet door crying that Timmy did such and such and Catherine did. Thoses times seem too just disapear and the good one are remembered. You do miss the hub bub of your kids when it gets quiet and no one to make a noise. I miss the days you kids were all home and the noise you made. I loved it, when you came to visit and the mess you made and left.

Taylor Swim said...

The other day Tim and I got up at the same time and I ducked into the bathroom and locked the door. He was all offended that I locked him out and I said, "It's not for you, in two seconds the boys will be in here wanting to talk to me and I want to have my morning pee in private!" He didn't believe me so I told him to count and in two seconds the boys were banging and yelling, "MOM-- LET ME IN! I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!" Lesson learned-- locks are for us to physically be alone even if the little fingers are poking under the door, at least they aren't right on top of you! For the love-- can mommy just pee alone ONCE?!?! GEESH!

The Snow Queen said...

ahhhh somebody that understands my need for private time. Thanks Leca

Anonymous said...

They should probably have a mommy bathroom forum online. There has got to be some sort of support group for this??! MOMS UNITE! Yes, it is true I too, hide in my bathroom for a little "time-out". The trick is, if your bathroom is in your bedroom, lock the BEDROOM door. Voila, no fingers under the door. Ahhhh!

Adam and Melisa said...

Ok...seriously...Adam and I just created the "mom and dad get to go to the bathroom alone" rule not too long ago. Honestly, I can't imagine anything more traumatizing than seeing your parents on the toilet! We still have child locks on all major door-knobs...bathrooms included!

Nicole said...

Okay, you just earned the whole day on Thursday. They are mine!!! I love reading your blog. You always put it so well. I lock myself in the bathroom sometimes, just so I can hear on the phone. I must do it more than I thought, because every time Zach gets on the phone he goes straight to the bathroom and shuts the door!

Dan and Kathi, or Mimi and Papa said...

Sweetie, Life is interesting. Just remember we love you and your screaming mimi's. And your stories are funny even if they don't seem so at the time for you.

Heather said...

Whenever I try to sneak to the toilet or a lovely bath I swear there must be a disturbance in the force and all the kids come running.I rarely get a tubby by myself (notice tubby not bath cause I always have a kid with me), but Steve always gets to take showers and "Study" in the bathroom by himself. He even takes his showers with the door shut,lucky him! I say no fair!!!!!! I get my quiet time when I hide at the bottom of my closet with the light off, a sad commentary on my life.

So I hear you girl and I know your pain!

Erin said...

That made me laugh out loud...

I am still snickering...

Too funny!

Julie said...

Too funny Lis! I guess we all go through the same things. If I lock the door, Kason knocks on it the whole time and asks if I'm going #1 or #2. And I only have 1! I can't imagine 4. The notes under the door are priceless!

Emily said...

I hear ya girl. Bring on the drivers licenses & boy/girlfriends & mood swings, just give me a little personal space!

williamsfam5 said...

I'm there with you! I'm entertaining mine right now with Deal or No Deal. Is that wrong? I'm sure that we are both fantastic moms, right?